Christmas has arrived early this year! Today I received my white review unit of the Nokia Lumia 920, courtesy of Nokia Norway. Just to clear the air initially: It is a beautiful piece of hardware! Yes, it is big, and slightly “heavy”, but boy, is this a gorgeous phone. I have been using it pretty much non-stop since I received it. Tweaking the start-screen, downloading and adding apps, trying the camera a little and so on.
I will write up a more extensive review during the rest of this week, and plan on posting it here early next week. I believe that I should have at least a week of usage with a phone to give it the review that I think it deserves.
For now you will have to settle with these first impressions of mine after roughly a half day of usage.
My first impressions:
– Beautiful hardware!
– Sturdy – solid.
– Great screen, although the blacks on this screen is not as black as on the Lumia 900 (which has an AMOLED screen)
– Great call reception and connectivity – connects faster to Wi-Fi than the Lumia 900 did.
– Fast – snappy – quick (pick your set of synonyms)
– Fits nicely in my hands, although a little slippery. A little wider compared to the Nokia Lumia 900.
– Great camera – stunning low-light pictures and pretty good ones in normal light as well!
– Windows Phone 8 is a visual improvement over Windows Phone 7. Feels faster. Adds some nice touches. Need more time with it!
– There is a bug with Kids Corner – when I slide right and down from the Lock-screen I (my kids are supposed to go straight into Kids Corner – on my phone they have to enter (my) pin first
– Beautiful! (huh? I said that already?)
I have taken some pictures from the unboxing, and have also compared it to the Lumia 900 and my old iPhone 4.No images found.
More coming soon..
Until then enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think about the Lumia 920 in the comments below: